- 1The measurement around a person’s body at the waist: eliminating inches from the waistlineMore example sentences
- Simply enter your weight and waistline measurements, the body shaper's built-in microprocessor will then automatically calculate and accumulate the burnt out calories.
- Irish waistlines are expanding - half of the population is officially overweight and one in eight is obese, a 30% increase since 2000.
- It's an ideal option for the growing number of drinkers and clubbers who are keen to watch their waistlines.
- 1.1The shaping and position of the waist of a garment: the changing waistline in women’s fashionsMore example sentences
- What caught my eye first was that he was wearing a jacket with a waistline seam - not a full-blown Norfolk jacket, less obtrusive than that, but in that class.
- Necklines are going down and waistlines going up!
- We love the tailored waistline and flared skirt.
- 2An imaginary line around a car or other vehicle at the level of the bottom of the windows.More example sentences
- And yes, what I thought was a dull, level waistline turns out to be the top of a gentle wedge, and what came across as a slabby rear quarter is a subtly-bulged haunch hugging the rear wheel tightly.
- It is a good-looking car, with the use of chrome for the grille, window surrounds, door handles and waistline rubbing strip (this on the SE model only) giving the car a contemporary look.
- The design themes - the long pointed nose, curved waistline and raised haunches, the raked roofline and the proportion of roof to body and the pinched-in waist, most apparent in plan view.
More definitions of waistlineDefinition of waistline in:
- The US English dictionary