Definition of waiter in English:
1A man whose job is to serve customers at their tables in a restaurant.
- Arriving passengers greet their cabin stewards and table waiters like long-lost family friends with smiling handshakes, hugs and much backslapping.
- Lauren and I went to Osteria tonight and the waiters outnumbered the customers.
- The waiters serve the women at each table first.
2A person who waits for a time, event, or opportunity.
- Mr McMahon said all of the long waiters in the eastern region should be given an opportunity to be treated under the fund and a record kept of those who don't wish to be involved in the scheme.
- Although the Trust achieved its target of having no over 12 month waiters, 299 patients had been waiting longer than nine months at the end of March.
Words that rhyme with waitercater, crater, creator, curator, data, debater, delator, dumbwaiter, equator, fascinator, freighter, frustrater, gaiter, grater, gyrator, hater, later, legator, mater, negator, pater, peseta, plater, rotator, skater, slater, stater, tater, traitor, ultimata, understater, upstater
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia