- 1The action of staying where one is or delaying action until a particular time or event: years of waitingMore example sentences
- The inevitable result is that waiting times have grown and now stand at a staggering 53 weeks for a routine MRI scan.
- No forms to fill out, no instant check, no waiting period.
- Blair led the way out of the office and into the larger waiting area.
- 2The action or occupation of working as a waiter or waitress: [as modifier]: waiting staffMore example sentences
- Its drive began when generous waiting staff donated a week's tips to the cause.
- A special thank you to all the enthusiastic young waiting staff who worked so hard and were a pleasure to work with.
- There was a mix of waiting and bar staff, including Asians and people from the Continent, Australia and New Zealand.
- 3Official attendance at court. See also lady-in-waiting.
More definitions of waitingDefinition of waiting in:
- The US English dictionary