Definition of wakeboarding in English:
The sport of riding on a short, wide board resembling a surfboard and performing acrobatic manoeuvres while being towed behind a motor boat.
- Kite surfing fuses some of the skills of surfing, wind surfing and wakeboarding.
- On offer at this little slice of heaven is water-skiing, wakeboarding, and knee boarding.
- But while Lewis likes skiing and will teach it if asked, wakeboarding is the sport of the future, he said.
1990s: from wake2, on the pattern of surfboarding.
- Example sentences
- The usual mechanism for this injury is the edge of the wakeboard catching the water and suddenly stopping and decelerating the wakeboarder.
- The world's best male and female wakeboarders packed Long Beach Marine Stadium today, as an enthusiastic crowd of 6,350 enjoyed its first ever X Games Wakeboard competition.
- An avid water skier, wakeboarder and slalom waterskier, Benshoof sustained a serious cut to his head while water skiing in August 2000.
Definition of wakeboarding in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan