- 1A tour or demonstration of an area or task: a floor-by-floor walk-through of the libraryMore example sentences
- A plan walk-through introduces the crisis team to the emergency response plan.
- Go to Edit / Preferences in the drop-down menus and do a thorough walk-through along these lines.
- Blogger is featured prominently, and there are detailed walk-throughs of setting up your own weblog.
- 1.1A software model of a building or other object in which the user can simulate walking around.More example sentences
- The website, designed by Dublin company Mindswide, provides users with a virtual walk-through of an online Temple of Solomon.
- The museum's design was unveiled, via drawings, models and a virtual walk-through, in a recent New York display at the Onassis Cultural Center.
- The idea that a walk-through might present an experience equivalent to actually being inside a building is wishful thinking indeed.
- 1.2A rough rehearsal of a play, film, or other performance, without an audience or cameras.More example sentences
- First, there's no rehearsal, other than a walk-through of the action.
- After the auditions and a studio walk-through, it is time for filming.
- Before the change, the team conducted its walk-through in the morning, then practiced in the late afternoon.
- 1.3 Computing A product review of software carried out before release.More example sentences
- There are two basic types of reviews: walk-throughs and formal inspections.
- Gates did announce the first Tablet PC SDK yesterday, and there's a walk-through of this available here, but the specific focus here for developers is on how you deal with pen and voice input.
- At 52,000 words, Everything Bad is Good for You is about the same length as a walk-through for a PC game (something Johnson points out with great delight), but it's far more entertaining.
- 2An undemanding task or role.More example sentences
- Every single player in the poll wants a challenge, not a total walk through.
adjectiveBack to top
- (Of a building or other structure) permitting access from either end: a walk-through galleryMore example sentences
- Initially the plan was to build a walk-through aviary modelled on the one at the Singapore zoo.
- An investigation usually begins with a walk-through survey of the entire site and structure.
- The apartment's kitchen was brightly lit, with an open, walk-through design.
More definitions of walk-throughDefinition of walk-through in:
- The US English dictionary