- 1A building allowing access to the upper floors by stairs only: a studio apartment in an ungentrified walk-up [as modifier]: a walk-up hotelMore example sentences
- He carted them all back to his rent-stabilized walk-up on the Upper East Side.
- I'm also on the fourth floor of a walk-up, so racing up and down is not an option.
- They explored solutions such as taking down some of the towers and adding walk-ups.
- 1.1A room or flat in a walk-up building.More example sentences
- So, you tell me, why am I sitting here in a rented second floor walk-up, albeit at the beach, awaiting the outcome of possible condemnation resulting from six violations of the city housing code?
- ‘It was her example and selfless service, raising four boys in a fourth floor walk-up that made the difference’.
- The Reuben Gallery, by contrast, was a third-floor walk-up in a small, aging building.
More definitions of walk-upDefinition of walk-up in:
- The US English dictionary