(also walking dictionary)
- • informal A person who has an impressive knowledge of facts or words: he was a walking encyclopedia of facts on organized crimeMore example sentences
- Henry's a walking encyclopaedia of Manchester City knowledge.
- The man is a walking encyclopedia, with vast knowledge of history, the classics, politics, and anything else one can possibly think of.
- He is a walking encyclopedia of names, dates and facts relating to the history of the sport and the Hall of Fame.
More definitions of walking encyclopediaDefinition of walking encyclopedia in:
- The US English dictionary