Definition of walking stick in English:
1A stick with a curved handle used for support when walking.
- Jordan, who walked into Leeds Crown Court with the aid of a walking stick, supplied medical evidence from three cardiac consultants saying he was unfit to stand trial.
- Keith Pickering's walking sticks are fabulous, individual-crafted works of art.
- Clearly supported on a walking stick, I motioned to the driver to circle over and pick me up.
2 (also walking-stick insect) North American term for stick insect.
- Besides researching thrips, he studies speciation and asexuality in walking sticks and the phylogenetics of Galapagos Islands snails.
- Remarkably, nepetalactone next turned up in an insect, the walking stick.
- Lizards and birds zestily eat walking sticks of either pattern, so camouflage offers a big advantage.
Definition of walking stick in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.