- The rock adjacent to or enclosing a vein, hydrothermal ore deposit, fault, or other geological feature.More example sentences
- At the eastern end of town, the fault cuts through outcrops near the I-wu river and is also represented by a major gouge zone and thick breccia in the adjacent wall rock.
- The typical image that this process invokes is that of a magma chamber with bits and pieces of the enclosing country rock or wall rock floating in the magma.
- Magmas concentrate metals, and magma fluids traveling into the surrounding wall rock plant the seeds for mineral growth.
More definitions of wall rockDefinition of wall rock in:
- The US English dictionary