- A small delicate spleenwort (fern) which resembles rue, growing on walls and rocks in both Europe and North America and sensitive to atmospheric pollution.
More example sentences
- Asplenium ruta-muraria, family Aspleniaceae
- In the British Isles, wall rue was considered a specific remedy for scrofula many years ago.
- The tiny A. ruta-muraria or wall rue is another lovely species in this genera.
- Look on the left for two kinds of ferns growing on the stone wall, these are the tiny wall rue and slightly larger maiden hair spleenwort.
More definitions of wall rueDefinition of wall rue in:
- The US English dictionary