noun[in combination or with modifier] Indian or • informal
- 1A person concerned or involved with a specified thing or business: a rickshaw-wallahMore example sentences
- The early morning sound of the bell reminds you of the ice-cream wallah of a bygone era.
- This is a follow up to the two-day summit in Delhi where 1500 delegates from 15 states participated and as many as 5000 good souls attended a rally including 50 cycle rickshaw wallahs!
- Pakistan's emergence as the leading figure in the world of militant Islam owes a great deal to the oil wallahs from the Persian Gulf.
from the Hindi suffix -vālā 'doer' (commonly interpreted in the sense 'fellow'), from Sanskrit pālaka 'keeper'.
More definitions of wallahDefinition of wallah in:
- The US English dictionary