Definition of walled garden in English:
1A garden enclosed by high walls.
- Brigade HQ was established in the grounds of Mezze House, a large building with a walled garden.
- His friend Gertrude Jekyll designed the beautiful walled gardens.
- Head chef Paul Hart uses the best fresh local produce, including vegetables grown in the hotel's own walled garden.
1.1 Computing & Telecommunications A restricted range of information to which subscribers to a particular service are limited.
- Last week T-Mobile Germany boasted that by breaking down the walled garden, ARPUs would blossom.
- Those who keep their walled gardens intact will suffer.
- Thus a walled garden will ensure that users can browse onto sites specifically set up for the TV.
Definition of walled garden in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan