noun• informal , • derogatory
- A person who tries to be like someone else or to fit in with a particular group of people: a star-struck wannabeMore example sentences
- We are not all Winer wannabes who strive to become the be-all and end-all of blogging.
- They come up with a few stock picks, then send the legion of wannabes to cold-call potential investors.
- These two requirements alone mean that many hopeful wannabes will not even get to first base.
1980s: representing a pronunciation of want to be.
More definitions of wannabeDefinition of wannabe in:
- The US English dictionary