1The military resources of a country organized for waging war.
- Monty was a highly experienced soldier, the hero of the battle of El Alamein; Eisenhower was the Supreme Commander with ultimate authority to direct the vast resources of the allied war machine.
- The game is played out in real time as you build bases and command armies while making sure you are harvesting enough resources to keep the war machine going.
- With a huge war machine, the US government will gain in military terms.
2An instrument or weapon of war.
- Stone is skilled at every conceivable battle plan, every conceivable weapon, war machine, or fighting style, and every possible way to win or lose any situation.
- He turned and dived out from the momentary cover as it crumbled under the war machine's onslaught, returning fire with the twin weapons as he continued to evade his pursuer.
- Shaped roughly like an eagle with forward facing wings, this war machine had seen all the major space battles fought in the last seven years.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: war ma|chine
Definition of war machine in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.