- A drum beaten as a summons or an accompaniment to battle: the Nyoro war drums beat to action • figurative cars with 185 hp sound like marketing war drums to usMore example sentences
- As the war drum continues to beat, local expats are nervous about the future.
- The President's relentless beat of the war drum has propelled thousands of protesters into the streets.
- They have the media beating the war drum, so anything that they feel they can do to get over on the rest of us, they will get away with for now.
More definitions of war drumDefinition of war drum in:
- The US English dictionary