- A prolonged period of conflict during which each side seeks to gradually wear down the other by a series of small-scale actions.More example sentences
- The midfield sector at this stage of the game resembled a war of attrition with neither side gaining a stronghold.
- The combat is certainly much better than it was last year, so it's a shame that some of the boss battles turn into wars of attrition with petty single-hit attacks.
- Another heavy struggle for the clock, with one team finally imposing its will in a war of attrition, minus the stand-to and the morning hate?
More definitions of war of attritionDefinition of war of attrition in:
- The US English dictionary