nounComputing , • informal
- Software that has been illegally copied and made available: if anyone is making money from selling warez, they could be prosecuted [as modifier]: warez sitesMore example sentences
- Frequently it is used in warez (illegally copied software), but obviously not limited to that.
- The Business Software Alliance shut down 118 UK warez (pirate software) sites between January and September 2001.
- Usenet sites that exist solely for the swapping of copyrighted movies and software (so-called warez sites) have existed for ten years with nary a peep from the establishment.
1990s: respelling of wares.
More definitions of warezDefinition of warez in:
- The US English dictionary