- 1Cautiously; carefully: they walk warily down the street, terrified of being caughtMore example sentences
- Dunfermline had more reason than most to approach the match warily.
- Adjustment comes in stages, each step taken warily.
- They freeze, lapse into a wide-eyed silence, then warily continue their conversation.
- 1.1In a way that shows a lack of trust; suspiciously: she looked at him warilyMore example sentences
- Elsewhere, ethnic groups continue to eye one another warily.
- He looked back to Jessie, who regarded him warily from beneath a cascade of reddish curls.
- Elizabeth just looked at her warily, not moving from where she stood.