- 1Caution about possible dangers or problems: her mother’s wariness of computersMore example sentences
- Officials from the Fire Island National Seashore, whose boundaries encompass all Fire Island communities, have expressed wariness of such projects.
- He said he was concerned about the understandable wariness of GPs to become involved in child protection work.
- He has detected wariness among more conservative institutions to finance a venture in fashion.
- 1.1Lack of trust; suspicion: they had all regarded her with warinessMore example sentences
- Far from responding like innocent dupes, we armed ourselves with wariness.
- Quigley depicts the changing relationship between the two women superbly, their initial wariness ringing with psychological acuity.
- Most of my interaction with the islanders was made treacherous by currents of wariness.