Recover from strenuous physical exertion by doing gentle stretches and exercises: warm down for twenty to twenty-five minutes
More example sentences
- Basically adequate warm up, warm down, stretching, correct training, good diet and when possible, correcting bio mechanical problems are the best buffers against injuries.
- You can warm down physically by walking around or doing lighter (using less energy) exercises.
- An adequate warm up, the selection of safe exercises and movement patterns, regular monitoring of body alignment and exercise intensity, and an appropriate warm down are important.
A series of gentle exercises designed to relax the body after strenuous physical exertion.
- Warm-ups and warm-downs were swum on intervals.
- There are warm-ups and warm-downs, pressure management talks, positive attitude sessions, gym regimes and massage routines to contend with.
- But they did real warm-downs in those days, son, not like the pathetic imitations I see today.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.