Definition of warm-hearted in English:
Sympathetic and kind: a warm-hearted, affectionate girl
More example sentences
- As a young woman, Babs was attached to the staff of Stauntons of James Street, Westport, and during her time there she gained a deserved reputation as a warm-hearted, caring and generous person.
- Bishop Jones is a warm-hearted, compassionate and gentle person who is revered by many in Sligo and throughout the Diocese of Elphin.
- Although he is a rogue and a rascal, Abagnale is treated with warm-hearted sympathy throughout the film.
kind, warm, kind-hearted, kindly, soft-hearted, good-hearted, big-hearted, tender-hearted, tender, loving, caring, feeling, unselfish, selfless, benevolent, humane, good-natured, affectionate;
gentle, mild, indulgent, friendly, open, sympathetic, understanding, compassionate, charitable, generous, magnanimous
- Example sentences
- South Koreans remember that they warm-heartedly welcomed their guests from the North during last year's Busan Asian Games with the hope that their visit to the South would enhance bilateral cooperation and exchange.
- India has warm-heartedly supported the Karzai Government of Afghanistan - the democratic coalition that is taking Afghan people towards mainstream of the world.
- But he spoke convincingly, warm-heartedly and with power of persuasion.
- Example sentences
- During this hallowed month the urge for excelling others in prayerfulness, piety, warm-heartedness, charity, good doing, and repentance is at the peak among the Muslims.
- Once Upon a Time in the Midlands is that most difficult of movies: a lovable comedy with broad yet subtle comic performances, authentic and suffused with warm-heartedness.
- But if dissent has been dimmed, Douglas has little time for the argument that there is, at least, a new warm-heartedness, a softness in the culture.
Words that rhyme with warm-hearteddownhearted, good-hearted, hard-hearted, heavy-hearted, kind-hearted, light-hearted, lion-hearted, overparted, tender-hearted, uncharted, wholehearted
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.