Definition of warmonger in English:
A person who encourages or advocates aggression or warfare towards other nations or groups.
- But it has only confirmed his role as a ‘yes man’ for the most right-wing government in US history and a warmonger in his own right.
- It was precisely such censorship under the Taliban that liberal warmongers cited as a reason for violent regime change.
- What should have been a day of joy for freedom lovers, and those who believe in international solidarity, instead became a day of triumph for warmongers.
- Example sentences
- On the antiwar Right, it has been customary to attack the warmongering neoconservative clique for its Trotskyite origins.
- The Spanish demonstrators played a part in turning the terrorist atrocities into a political defeat for the warmongering governments there.
- His attempt to shroud his warmongering in the flag of the United Nations Security Council by offering France, Russia and China some crumbs from his table will not work.
Pronunciation: /ˈwɔːmʌŋɡərɪŋ/noun& adjective
Words that rhyme with warmongerwhoremonger
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan