- A strip around the outside of the outfield which warns approaching fielders of the proximity of a wall.More example sentences
- Derek Lee nearly took Pettitte out of the yard on the next at-bat, but Rivera ran down the ball at the warning track to end the inning.
- The Warriors were unlucky with the long ball during games, as more than one deep drive by the Warriors was snagged by Brock fielders on the warning track.
- Mariners general manager Pat Gillick points out that the union raises safety concerns about outfield fences and warning tracks, yet refuses to confront darker questions.
More definitions of warning trackDefinition of warning track in:
- The US English dictionary