- A large mottled green or brown bush cricket that inhabits coarse grassland in Europe.
More example sentences
- Decticus verrucivorous, family Tettigoniidae
- The wart-biter is a large bush-cricket that lives in sun-exposed grassland with low vegetation.
- This is a method to analyze habitat selection of a bush-cricket (the wart-biter, Decticus verrucivorus).
- Because wart-biters bask in the sun, ambient temperature is of less importance than incoming radiation from the sun.
mid 19th century: so named from the reputed former use in Sweden of such crickets to bite off warts.