- A period during which a war is taking place: the destruction of cultural property during wartime [as modifier]: Britain’s wartime defencesMore example sentences
- The first photograph shows soldiers being conscripted during wartime as victims on an army production line.
- Victims of the disaster and their rescuers saw sights normally seen only by the military in wartime.
- Since it was reopened last week, the site has resembled a military base during wartime.
More definitions of wartimeDefinition of wartime in:
- The US English dictionary