Definition of washable in English:
(Especially of fabric or clothes) able to be washed without shrinkage or other damage: washable curtains
More example sentences
- Ideally the technique is used on washable fabrics, since water is required to remove the marking lines and water-soluble thread.
- Linen is technically a washable fabric, but how you launder your sewn project, depends on the construction rather than the content.
- Then, if fabric is washable, launder in warm water and detergent.
- Example sentences
- It is made into refrigerator gaskets, used to coat fabric for upholstery and to coat wallpaper for washability, and in making floor tile, horizontal and vertical blinds.
- These features include degrees of strength or durability, scrubbability, washability, stain resistance, abrasion resistance, and colorfastness.
- The guidelines focus on requirements for flammability, tear strength, abrasion resistance, washability, scrubbability, and stain resistance.
Definition of washable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan