- A day on which a household’s clothes, bed linen, etc. are washed, especially when the same day each week: Monday was washday her mother came to help on washdayMore example sentences
- Monday was washday, the clothes washed in boiling water in a tub with a dolly peg.
- You can't talk about the clothesline without thinking about the entire washday of yesteryear - and all the hard work that went into it every week.
- It was the boys' job to light the copper at 6 a.m. on washdays.
More definitions of washdayDefinition of washday in:
- The US English dictionary