noun (plural washerwomen)
- A woman whose occupation is washing clothes.More example sentences
- On the outskirts of the city by the river I watch washerwomen scrub clothes at giant water tanks.
- Then, in the greatest tradition of cinema, they decide instead to try and invade the most strategic fort, currently held by the enemy, by sneaking in disguised as washerwomen.
- We were painfully aware that the poorest of the poor, such as washerwomen and casual labourers, were still unable to borrow, because they lacked enterprises.
More definitions of washerwomanDefinition of washerwoman in:
- The US English dictionary