- (In Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos) a Buddhist monastery or temple.More example sentences
- I suggested we sample a shadow-puppet show and stroll around the eccentrically decorated wats.
- Other sights to marvel at include several impressive wats and the spectacular Silver Pagoda, which dramatically illustrates the richness of Khmer culture.
- The style of the main stupa at the wat is derived from Singhalese art around the same time as Singhalese Theravada Buddhism.
Thai, from Sanskrit vāṭa 'enclosure'.
More definitions of watDefinition of wat in:
- The US English dictionary