Definition of watch glass in English:
1A glass disc covering the dial of a watch.
- Pairs of these watch glasses can be connected to each other to simulate different types of lens.
- Consequently, the aesthetic appearance of these types of watch glasses or back covers are relatively quickly altered by scratches.
- A device comprising an annular seal having an annular projection engaged into a groove in the edge of the watch glass is disclosed.
1.1A concave glass disc used in a laboratory to hold material for use in experiments.
- In vitro fertilizations were performed by collecting oocytes from mature females in watch glasses and adding a diluted suspension of sperm obtained from 1 to 2 mature male ejaculates in sterile filtered seawater.
- Place sample on flat watch glass inside the glass ring form such that the sample is centered in the ring form.
- Pairs were placed in a watch glass and observed under a stereomicroscope.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan