Definition of watch glass in English:
1A glass disc covering the dial of a watch.
- Pairs of these watch glasses can be connected to each other to simulate different types of lens.
- Consequently, the aesthetic appearance of these types of watch glasses or back covers are relatively quickly altered by scratches.
- A device comprising an annular seal having an annular projection engaged into a groove in the edge of the watch glass is disclosed.
1.1A concave glass disc used in a laboratory to hold material for use in experiments.
- In vitro fertilizations were performed by collecting oocytes from mature females in watch glasses and adding a diluted suspension of sperm obtained from 1 to 2 mature male ejaculates in sterile filtered seawater.
- Place sample on flat watch glass inside the glass ring form such that the sample is centered in the ring form.
- Pairs were placed in a watch glass and observed under a stereomicroscope.