A person who makes and repairs watches and clocks.
More example sentences
- At the same time there were harness makers, tailors, dressmakers, builders, blacksmiths, wheelwrights, watchmakers, saddlers, masons and carpenters.
- Arthur also studied the commercial ties between clockmakers, watchmakers, and cabinet-makers, since tall-case clocks were a collaborative effort.
- Descended from a long line of watchmakers, he makes a living designing timepieces.
- More example sentences
- It will surprise no one to learn that the man's civilian occupation is, naturally, watchmaking.
- Many worked in professions connected to the tailoring industry, including furs and leather, as well as jewellery and watchmaking.
- This will be taken care of; new models will be built which will fit in the pocket; the precision of watchmaking will be applied to them.
More definitions of watchmakerDefinition of watchmaker in:
- The US English dictionary