- A religious service held on New Year’s Eve or Christmas Eve.More example sentences
- It is marked by special watchnight services at the Christian church and children singing carols.
- Each December 31st we used to have a watchnight service in the Argentinian town in which I spent my childhood.
- There will be the usual short watchnight service at 11.40 pm on Friday December 31st followed by ringing in of the New Year and refreshments.
More definitions of watchnightDefinition of watchnight in:
- The US English dictionary