- A tower built to create an elevated observation point.More example sentences
- It's a tower - an old watchtower from the days when they needed watchtowers.
- The western terminal of the wall was at Bowness-on-Solway, but fortlets and watchtowers continued down the Cumberland coast.
- Girona proper is steeped in the history of its medieval old city, a cobbled labyrinth of narrow alleys and watchtowers separated from the city's modern business district by the smooth-flowing Onyar River.
More definitions of watchtowerDefinition of watchtower in:
- The US English dictionary