- 1(Of a substance or solution) using or having water as a medium or main ingredient: a water-based paintMore example sentences
- The main drawback of water-based coatings is that dispersing polymers in water inevitably incurs a penalty in terms of chemical resistance properties.
- I'll stick with a water-based solution for now.
- Since water always contains a balanced amount of the two ions and the equation shown above is true for all water-based solutions, the following equation can be formed.
- 2(Of a sporting activity) carried out on water: sailing and other water-based recreational sportsMore example sentences
- The Ganga and the Jalangi will be developed with water-based recreation activities in mind.
- The idyllic, mild climate and transparent sea makes it the most attractive area for underwater and surface water-based activities including sailing and diving.
- It has a wide, gently shelving shoreline and a marvellous array of water-based activities including surfing, skiing or sailing.
More definitions of water-basedDefinition of water-based in:
- The US English dictionary