- A birth in which the mother spends the final stages of labour in a birthing pool, with delivery taking place either in or out of the water: our delivery suite has facilities for water births [mass noun]: a national survey into the extent and safety of water birth began in JuneMore example sentences
- Water dilutes germs, making a water birth potentially less risky than a ‘land’ birth.
- When I became pregnant with our third child, my husband, Mark, who is an obstetrician, suggested that a water birth might be a gentle way to bring our baby into the world.
- The couple, from West End, had been planning a water birth at Southampton's Princess Anne Hospital for their first child - but changed their mind when things started happening very quickly.
More definitions of water birthDefinition of water birth in:
- The US English dictionary