Definition of water closet in English:
1A flush toilet.
- Another clever possibility would be to have selected a kitchen sink that is easily cleaned - because that is probably what the owner uses as a substitute water closet instead of having to walk all the way down to the floor below.
- The articles as a whole are written at a fairly simple level - a random sampling through might lead you to 250 words on alchemy, a diagram of the water closet, or a useful explanation of the authorship question.
- Other than these sparse accommodations, there was a fourth door on the left of the hall that led to a rather dilapidated, disgustingly mildewed water closet.
1.1A room containing a flush toilet.
- In all, there were four rooms, a kitchenette, the storm cellar and a water closet.
- Because the couple had decided to add a new master bedroom onto their house, the existing bedroom space and an adjacent water closet were transformed into a multifunctional master bath.
- Taro laughed and then skirted around the edge of the dance floor toward the public water closet.
Definition of water closet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia