- 1A dispenser of cooled drinking water, typically used in places of work.More example sentences
- They also have access to the statistics showing the exact time spent away from the phone, such as toilet breaks or getting drinking water from the water cooler.
- Did he ever try and trap them by the water cooler?
- It is equidistant from the water cooler, the washing machine and the TV room.
- 1.1 • informal Used to refer to the type of informal conversation among office workers that takes place around a water cooler: the subtleties of film noir haven’t exactly been a hot topic around the water cooler [as modifier]: water-cooler chatMore example sentences
- I won't describe what happened, but trust me… it dominated water-cooler conversation for days afterward.
- And it has already become water-cooler conversation everywhere I've gone in the last two days.
- Not that those choices would have made water-cooler conversation in Dubai.
More definitions of water coolerDefinition of water cooler in:
- The US English dictionary