- A knocking noise in a water pipe that occurs when a tap is turned off briskly: a paddle fitted to the arm of the ball valve will also prevent water hammerMore example sentences
- The sprinkler's closed-case design protects internal parts from debris contamination, while a steady piston valve guards against water hammer, pressure spikes and damage to the overall system.
- If eliminating water hammer from an older house, locating the offending valve or faucet and installing a water arrester at that location is one solution.
- Since installation I have had water hammer when the pump shuts off.
More definitions of water hammerDefinition of water hammer in:
- The US English dictionary