- A highly poisonous European plant of the parsley family, which grows in ditches and marshy ground. Also called cowbane.
More example sentences
- Cicuta virosa, family Umbelliferae
- Like Homo sapiens, animals take important cues from smell and know to stay away from flowers like the dreaded Douglas water hemlock, whose broad white blossoms contain coniine, which is deadly.
- The lower part of the stem of water hemlock is divided into chambers which contain its toxicant.
- The roots of water hemlock, which resemble parsnips, are sometimes eaten accidentally by humans.
More definitions of water hemlockDefinition of water hemlock in:
- The US English dictionary