Definition of water pipe in English:
1A pipe for conveying water.
- The water pipe burst around 1am on Tuesday but the Water Supplies Department was not able to start remedial action until about eight hours later, resulting in the traffic snarl.
- An ecologically-acclaimed wetland in the grounds of a school in Taiwan turned out to be the product of a leaking water pipe.
- And during a work detail in excruciating heat, he discovered a water pipe from which he lapped a pitiful drop or two without sharing it with a cleric laboring nearby.
2A pipe for smoking tobacco, cannabis, etc., that draws the smoke through water to cool it.
- In that room, they were free to relax and had access to magazines, books, a television and a video player and some R-rated movies, along with the use of a water pipe to smoke aromatic tobaccos.
- Children, mainly boys, sit on their fathers' laps; men smoke an Arab water pipe, finger worry beads and chat with one another.
- Other nights he stepped outside to smoke his water pipe, and I could see his figure against the moonlit sky.
Definition of water pipe in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India