- A dark-coloured European pipit that frequents waterside habitats.
More example sentences
- Anthus spinoletta, family Motacillidae; formerly thought to be conspecific with the rock pipit
- The couple of times I've been there this winter there have been 2-3 water pipits but no rock pipits.
- The water pipit feeds on the ground; in short grass, low herbs, bare ground; walks about daintily picking insects from ground or low vegetation; may run or fly up from ground to catch an insect.
- On 1st November, a water pipit and a red-throated pipit arrived off the sea together at Ra's al-Akhdar in Abu Dhabi.
More definitions of water pipitDefinition of water pipit in:
- The US English dictionary