- A very long, slender European water bug related to the water scorpion, which waits motionless in vegetation for prey to pass.
More example sentences
- Ranatra linearis, family Nepidae, suborder Heteroptera
- There is a wide variety of aquatic animals in our pond - from water stick insects to dragonfly nymphs.
- Abundant invertebrates dominated by dragonflies and damselflies inhabit the area; they include palm spiders, water stick insect and mangrove crabs.
- After a slow start, a wealth of aquatic wildlife was discovered and identified, finds including fish, water scorpions, water beetles, water stick insects and dragonfly nymphs.