Definition of water witch in English:
A water diviner.
- Ask them about water witches, or diviners, and find out if they have heard about them.
- There are water-witchers out divining and they're closing in on you.
- Although most water witches charge around $100, the U.S. Geological Survey and the National Water Well Association advise against employing a water witch to search for ground water.
- Example sentences
- For water-witching or foretelling the future, the diviner was often an integral, if under-appreciated member of the country village.
- In the mountains where I learned water witching, there were one or two old-timers whose judgment was often sought.
- The art of water witching has been recorded far back in history.
Definition of water witch in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.