Definition of water witch in English:
A water diviner.
- Ask them about water witches, or diviners, and find out if they have heard about them.
- There are water-witchers out divining and they're closing in on you.
- Although most water witches charge around $100, the U.S. Geological Survey and the National Water Well Association advise against employing a water witch to search for ground water.
- Example sentences
- For water-witching or foretelling the future, the diviner was often an integral, if under-appreciated member of the country village.
- In the mountains where I learned water witching, there were one or two old-timers whose judgment was often sought.
- The art of water witching has been recorded far back in history.
Definition of water witch in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan