- A bird that frequents water, especially one that habitually wades or swims in fresh water.More example sentences
- The pond is usually dominated by the usual waterbirds: Mute Swan, Canada Goose, Mallard, American Black Duck, and Double-crested Cormorant.
- Most of the postcranial elements belong to continental waterbirds, including pelicans, anhingas, herons, storks, ducks, and rails.
- There were birds everywhere, waterbirds and shorebirds in the pools, landbirds flying by or sitting on fences.
More definitions of waterbirdDefinition of waterbird in:
- The US English dictionary