Definition of waterboard in English:
Subject (someone) to the process of waterboarding.
- Speaking after his release, he said he had been beaten with iron bars, given electric shocks and "waterboarded", and even now feared for his life.
- We've seen a number of reporters having themselves waterboarded so they can describe it.
- The government says he even confessed but also admits he was waterboarded.
nounBack to top
The board or bench on to which a person is strapped during the process of waterboarding.
- In our limited experience, extensive use of the waterboard can introduce new risks.
- So when Blank offered me copies of his photos of a waterboard and of a painting depicting a waterboarding session, I quickly accepted.
- Incidentally, the waterboard in these photos wasn't merely one among many torture devices highlighted at the prison museum.
Definition of waterboard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan