noun (plural waterbodies)
- A body of water forming a physiographical feature, for example a sea or a reservoir.More example sentences
- Predator and prey species co-occur in brackish waterbodies close to the Mediterranean coast of Spain.
- The Government should, therefore, take stringent steps, including enactment of law, to check reclamation of lakes and other waterbodies.
- But lakes and other waterbodies are fast disappearing.
More definitions of waterbodyDefinition of waterbody in:
- The US English dictionary