1A brook, stream, or artificially constructed water channel.
- It should never be spread close to a watercourse, and tanks should never be cleaned beside a stream or river.
- The flood-plain reveals diverse patterns of watercourses, trees, hedgerows, and fields.
- Clutching the new map, Alexander and I drove south again and closed in on Geyser Spring, eventually striding up a babbling watercourse to the point where it burst fully formed from the ground - cold.
1.1The bed along which a watercourse flows: a dry watercourse
More example sentences
- When water from a nearby active stream flooded into the dry watercourse, the nests and eggs, like those on the flats, were inundated with mud.
- The area where they are located is precarious because the ravine is a main watercourse.
- One of the best, but also the slowest, method is to fill the finished watercourse or pond with water and leave over winter.
Definition of watercourse in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.