- Silk that has been treated in such a way as to give it a wavy, lustrous finish.More example sentences
- These techniques give walls the dramatic effect of crushed velvet, parchment, chamois leather, watered silk or brocade.
- The softly blurred, photograph-like images glow with a hypnotic intensity that recalls the texture of watered silk.
- When the cardinal later came to the seminary at Mundelein, a trainbearer was needed to carry his twenty-foot train of scarlet watered silk.
More definitions of watered silkDefinition of watered silk in:
- The US English dictionary