Definition of waterfowling in English:
The practice or activity of hunting waterfowl.
- Two common examples come to mind - big game hunting and waterfowling.
- I didn't comment that his gun was really designed for more static field activities like waterfowling and turkey hunting, but it got me thinking about gun weight and design and current ammunition offerings for upland game.
- Oh, when I got seriously into waterfowling 35 years or so ago, all waders and hip boots were made of vulcanized rubber, and it was possible to get a perfectly serviceable ‘hot’ patch on a puncture.
- 1waterfowler noun
- Example sentences
- So there'll probably be plenty of waterfowlers afield this Saturday and Sunday.
- But the big concern was along the coast where waterfowlers worried the bill would prevent them from hunting over natural lakes and other waters connected to public waters.
- The same goes for the 20,000 or so waterfowlers who participate each year in September's teal-only hunting season.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.