- 1Closely sealed, fastened, or fitted so that no water enters or passes through: a watertight compartmentMore example sentences
- When the sections compress the rubber, this should form a watertight seal.
- The watertight seals over structural joints tend to deteriorate over time as the caulking becomes less sticky and dislodges.
- Because of the freeze-and-thaw cycle, concrete dikes tend to require annual maintenance to seal cracks and remain watertight.
- 2(Of an argument or account) unable to be disputed or questioned: their alibis are watertightMore example sentences
- At least I've finally found a watertight argument against Alec ever moving me to the countryside.
- That argument is not watertight, however, because existing law does not formally allow euthanasia, for a variety of reasons mentioned briefly above.
- I will lay it on the line - there is not one such fossil for which one could make a watertight argument.